Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sink, swim, or tread?


Does the word "technology", create anxiety or fear for you? Do you feel as if you can't compete in this world, so why bother? Is this ever changing world too overwhelming for you?

I was in a Professional Development Class this week, and one of my co-workers reminded me of how challenging it can be to try to implement all this technology. She also helped me remember that being willing to take the risk is half the battle.

I remember feeling this way when I first started. In fact, I still feel this way many days because there is so much to learn, and relearn. I realized that if I wanted to learn about The Web 2.0, that I just needed to jump into it! I mean, how much could it really hurt? So, I decided to just jump in, and I have not looked back ever since.

Patrick Higgins
has helped me feel confident in entering this world. He has helped me extend my walls, and it has become a powerful tool for me. I am a teacher that wants to learn more and do more for my students and colleagues. I truly feel that understanding the tools that are available to us can be a great ally to our teaching strategies. I work in a field where activity prevails and writing and reading are not the main focus, but that does not mean I can't embrace the tools out there to try to make my field more educational and inviting.

So, some days I swim, some days sink, and some days I tread in the water waiting for something or someone to help me swim again.

No comments: